1. Who completes the migration from CAS Desktop to CAS 360?
BGL kindly requests that clients do not attempt to complete the migration on their end.
When your firm is ready to discuss the migration process, please contact your firm's BGL Account Manager or the BGL Client Success Team (email@example.com) who will be more than happy to complete the migration at no charge.
2. What do I need to do to prepare to migrate to CAS 360?
Before a migration can occur, there are two pre-requisites that need to be completed first:
- Review Companies - Except for Deregistered Companies and Non-Current Clients, all companies (Including Pending Deregistration) are migrated CAS 360.
- Validation Check
For further details, please refer to the Prepare tab of How Do I switch from CAS Desktop to CAS360?
As a number of clients are in the process of migrating to CAS 360, please ensure that you have discussed and booked migration dates with your BGL Client Success Specialist.
3. Which companies are migrated to CAS 360?
By default, companies that are currently either of the following statuses in CAS Desktop below will not be migrated:
- No Longer Client (Non-Current Client)
All other companies (Including Pending Deregistration) within your firm's CAS Desktop license will be migrated to CAS 360.
To compare the companies in CAS Desktop against the companies attached to your firm's Registered Agent on ASIC's end, you can lodge an RA61 - Request Review Date Report which can be lodged to ASIC via CAS Desktop.
Please Note: To access the BGL Wiki Help Article without your BGL Client Centre credentials, you can use the Guest Login.
4. How do I flag a company as No Longer Client so that it is not migrated to CAS 360?
Within CAS Desktop, go into the selected company >> Company Data ribbon at the top of the screen >> Details in the Company Data section >> Status tab:
To exclude a company from the migration, please ensure that the "Current client?" checkbox is unticked.
5. What data is migrated to CAS 360?
When the migration occurs, the following data is migrated from CAS Desktop:
- Companies - Including all historical data (Eg Past Officers and Share Transactions);
- Trusts (Linked to companies being migrated) - Including historical data;
- Company documents - Including historical Annual Reviews and ASIC Forms, and unlodged ASIC Forms (Except Form 361s, since they are not linked to the Registered Agent).
6. What data is not migrated to CAS 360?
When the migration occurs, the following data is not migrated from CAS Desktop:
- EDGE Username and Password - The ASIC Registered Agent details will be transferred across and attached to the companies as per CAS Desktop. However, the Client Success Team will usually assist with the process of transferring the EDGE details to connect CAS 360 with ASIC;
- Custom create templates for minutes and resolutions;
- Default settings in CAS Desktop that do not exist in CAS 360;
- ASIC Service Address and Letter Address;
- Form 361s;
- Trust documents.
7. Do I need to move all data from CAS Desktop at once?
Yes, all companies must be migrated at the same time since your firm's ASIC EDGE credentials should only be in one software at a time.
8. I have unlodged ASIC Forms in CAS Desktop, will these be migrated?
Yes, except Form 361s, since they are not linked to a specific company.
Ready to Migrate FAQs
Once the Pre-Migration FAQs and pre-requisites have been completed, the next stage involves extracting your firm's CAS Desktop data and providing this to the Client Success Team who will assist with migrating the data to CAS 360.
1. How do I book in dates for the migration to CAS 360 to occur?
Contact your BGL Client Success Specialist (via your Zendesk Onboarding Ticket) who will discuss the team's availability to assist with migrating your firm's CAS Desktop data to CAS 360.
If you do not currently have a BGL Client Success Specialist assigned to assist with your migration, please contact your firm's BGL Account Manager or the BGL Client Success Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. What do I need to provide to complete the migration to CAS 360?
To assist with the migration process to CAS 360, the BGL Client Success Team will require you to extract and provide your firm's CAS Desktop data.
If you access CAS Desktop from a workstation, you may require your IT Team to assist with the data extraction process, please refer to the Provide tab of How Do I switch from CAS Desktop to CAS360
It is very important to ensure that the Nexus Service has been stopped first, otherwise, files may not be included as part of the data extraction which can therefore delay your migration to CAS 360 - If you would like assistance with the data extraction process, please contact your BGL Client Success Specialist who will be more than happy to help.
3. How long does the migration to CAS 360?
Once the pre-requisites have been completed and data has been correctly uploaded, the BGL Client Success Team will have your firm up and running on CAS 360 as soon as possible but the following are some approximate timeframes (Provided that no unforeseen issues arise):
- Up to 250 Companies - Up to 2 business days.
- Up to 500 Companies - Up to 3 business days.
- Up to 1,000 Companies - Up to 4 business days.
- Up to 2,000 Companies - Up to 5 business days.
- Beyond 2,000 Companies - Contact your BGL Client Success Specialist to further discuss.
4. Whilst the migration to CAS 360 is occurring, can I use my CAS Desktop software in the meantime?
Yes, you can access CAS Desktop whilst the migration occurs, but this should be avoided as much as possible.
The reason for this is that once the data has been extracted and uploaded to BGL in preparation for the migration, any changes made in CAS Desktop will not be reflected in CAS 360 and would therefore need to be manually updated in CAS 360 once the migration is completed (Including the changes made and documents prepared in CAS Desktop manually uploaded to CAS 360).
5. Whilst the migration to CAS 360 is occurring, what can I do in the meantime?
Whilst the migration is occurring by the BGL Client Success Team, you can complete the following:
- Complete the CAS 360 Learning Channel - This is a series of pre-recorded videos that allows you to begin to become familiar with your new CAS 360 software.
- Document and Email Templates - Refer to Document Templates and Email Templates, as well as our CAS 360 Templates Webinar.
1. What do I need to be aware of Post-Migration to CAS 360?
Once the migration has been completed, Document and Email Templates will need to be customised (If required) and enter in email addresses for the contacts in bulk in CAS 360.