A director of 4 companies has his address wrong with ASIC for only one of the 4 companies, whereas the other 3 companies have the director address right. How can this be updated with ASIC?
The below example will be used to demonstrate:
Director John Doe has the correct address of 1 Happy St, Melbourne VIC for 3 of his 4 companies, but has it wrongly recorded with ASIC as 123 Fake Street, Melbourne VIC for Testing Pty Ltd, one of his 4 companies.
1. Duplicate the contact by creating a second John Doe, only with the wrong address from the Global Contacts screen.
2. Locate the Testing Pty Ltd from the Company screen, select John Doe under the Officers tab, where the correct address should display.
3. To replace it with the wrong address, click on Options > Edit next to John.
4. This will open up the Edit Officer Screen, click on the Officer Name field and start typing John Doe into the field, where two suggested contacts should appear.
Through trial and error, make sure the one with the wrong address is selected.
5. Click and this will be toggled on to 'Print' automatically. Toggle it Off.
6. Process the Contact Address Change from the Multiple screen for John with the wrong address. Update it with the correct address.
7. Once updated, select to lodge the change.
8. Once the change has been lodged, from the Global Contacts screen, select Find matches to consolidate duplicate contacts for John Doe.