Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), sometimes known as Two Factor Authentication, 2FA, 2SA or TFA is a security enhancement for user accounts. Traditionally, users have relied on and are accustomed to authentication systems that require them to provide a unique identifier such as their email address and a correct password to gain access to a system. Multi-Factor authentication is an extra layer of security in which users will be prompted for their password (the first factor—what they know), and for a security code (the second factor—what they have), making it more difficult for unauthorised people to access your data.
Download and install an authentication app.
Device Authentication App Phone
- iPhone — Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy
- Android — Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy
- Windows Phone — Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, Duo Mobile
- Sign into CAS 360 and turn on MFA by Navigating to the Profile Management screen.
- Under the Authentication App option, select Set Up. CAS 360 will display a QR code on the screen.
- Open your phone and select your new authenticator app. Within the app, select the Add + icon.
- Scan the QR code generated by CAS 360 using your phone, or enter the on-screen code into the authenticator app. This will add BGL as an option and present a verification code.
- From CAS 360 Select Next, input the verification code generated in the authentication app and select Next.
- Input your mobile phone number, If you have not setup SMS Text Option as an MFA method your phone number will simply be used for recovery purposes.
- Click Finish to complete the setup process.
From now on, when you log in to CAS 360, just open your authentication app and enter the code along with your password.