When migrating from CAS Desktop to CAS 360 the Client Success Team will be assisting you with the data transition.
Both CAS and CASLite + users can follow the below instructions below to run validation checks on CAS Desktop in preparation for Client Success to migrate your data to CAS 360.
Review Migration Requirements
Before you can use the Migration utility you need to ensure:
- You are running the latest version of CAS Desktop;
- You have access to the Migration utility.
Access the Migration utility in CAS Desktop
Open CAS Desktop. From the CAS Explorer screen, select Introducing CAS 360.
The Introducing CAS 360 window will open. Select the Migrate icon to open the utility.
Link your CAS Desktop to your new CAS 360 Firm
A migration tool will display, prompting you for the Migration Settings. Enter your CAS 360 credentials (Firm, Username & Password) that will be provided to you by BGL. Click Save.
(If you need to re-enter these details at a later stage, select the Hammer and Spanner iconin the Migration Utility tool).
Locating your credentials
1) Short Firm Name - This will be provided to you in your initial invitation email to CAS 360.
2) User Name and Password - This is the username and password you use to log in to CAS 360.
Run a Validation Check
Select the companies you are migrating to CAS 360 and then select Run Validations.
Note: To select all companies, use the select all icon
The Migration utility will run a check to confirm the correctness of the data being migrated.
What happens if you receive a validation error?
A validation error will appear if a particular piece of company information needs to be corrected. These errors can be:
- Automatically resolved by CAS Desktop on-screen;
- Manually resolved on-screen by you;
- Ignored and the migration will proceed (only for optional corrections).
Refer to Validation Checks for assistance on resolving the particular error(s) that you receive.
Migrate to CAS 360
Once all validations have been resolved please contact the Client Success Team (Success@bglcorp.com.au) to start the data migration.